Get Your LPG Boiler Today to Save Money
Get in touch to find out how a LPG boiler could save you money and supply eco-friendly heat to your home.
- SMALLER FUEL TANKS THAN TRADITIONAL BOILERS
- CHEAPER RUNNING COSTS
- MORE ECO-FRIENDLY HEATING SOLUTION
Get in touch now
Leave your details with us & we’ll call you back to discuss your requirements
LPG has been used as an alternative to mains gas for over 65 years. It is popular in over 150,000 homes across the UK due to its convenience, flexibility and environmental credentials.
The Glasgow Boiler Service is committed to providing those who may not be connected to the gas grid a professional and helpful service for all their LPG needs. For those who are not connected to the mains, they may have to get their central heating fuel delivered by truck and stored in tanks that are provided for you by your supplier.
In the very north of Scotland, between 60-100% of homes aren’t currently connected to the mains, and throughout the UK there are over 4million home in total that use an alternative heating source than conventional mains gas. Most boilers are available in both gas an LPG versions and here at the Glasgow Boiler Service all our staff are fully employed to install both systems. LPG or “Liquefied Petroleum Gas” is a natural hydrocarbon fuel composed of propane and butane gases produced by the refinement of crude oil.
How does an LPG Boiler work?
- LPG traditionally works under a “wet” heating system, which means your LPG boiler I used to heat water that then transfers heat to your central heating and taps in your homes. We’ve installed wet LPG boiler systems throughout Glasgow, Edinburgh and across Scotland.
- Many traditional boilers can be adapted to become LPG systems, which is particularly useful for households who install renewable energy sources such as solar panels or solar thermal. This can be done by the Glasgow Boiler Service using our expertly trained staff who will install an LPG conversion kit. LPG boilers have a slightly smaller burner jet than typical mains gas boilers because of its higher pressure.
- LPG boilers will need replaced once empty, so you must consider how long it takes for you to typically use your fuel so you are not left without central heating, this is especially important when approaching Scotland’s chilly winters!
How much does an LPG boiler cost to run?
The average cost of using an LPG boiler to run your central heating system is £798 per year, based on typical use and the amount of LPG gas purchased per year, as calculated by Ofgem. This estimate may not be your exact usage, but the team at the Glasgow Boiler Service will be able to discuss energy saving tips with you to help reduce your bills. Each household is unique so we can use our expertise to advise you on how to best save energy in your home. The cost of running your LPG boiler will also be based on;
- If you choose to rent or buy a storage tank
- The size of your property
- How many radiators you have
- How often you use your heating
For all Boiler Repairs Glasgow quotes contact a member of our team. Call us today or leave a message with us on our live chat system
Should I choose an Oil or LPG Boiler?
Choosing to switch from oil to an LPG boiler can reduce your CO2 emissions by up to 20% and it enjoys the least amount of carbon emissions of all the fossil fuels making it the perfect choice for rural homes. Not only is LPG better for the environment, but there are also less risks involved as it is non-toxic and has a less noticeable odour in comparison to oil.
An oil boiler tank may be unsightly and ruin your garden, by letting the Glasgow Boiler Service install slim line LPG bottles you will be able to enjoy the view if your garden once more. Making the switch from oil to LPG is an easy task; especially for our highly trained Glasgow based gas safe engineers. There is typically no need to change any radiators or replace pipework.
If your boiler is over 15 years old, chances are it is not running efficiently. Now could be the perfect time to have an LPG boiler installed by the Glasgow Boiler Service. We can help you choose the best A-Rated boiler that will help reduce your energy bills significantly. By replacing your old inefficient boiler with a new one you could save up to 30% on your annual heating bills. Remember all of your gas appliances, including your gas boiler, gas cooker and gas fire should be safety checked once a year and serviced regularly according to the manufacturer’s instructions by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Contact the Glasgow Boiler Service to discuss all your LPG and boiler servicing needs.
If you would like to find out more about the services, chat to us today or visit our Boiler Service Glasgow page.
How often should my LPG Tank be tested?
To ensure your LPG tank is working correctly and meeting the necessary obligations it will be tested every 10 to 20 years. Typically each time your tank id filled it will undergo a small safety inspection. You will have a written agreement with your LPG supplier outlining your specific testing regime. To find an LPG supplier you can contact your gas provider or speak with the expert staff at the Glasgow Boiler Service who will advise you.